Please Note: If you have applied with Chantilly Air Inc. prior to October 10th, 2019, that application is no longer on file. This is a new position and you must submit a new application along with your resume and cover letter.
The Pilot in Command is responsible for supporting the safe, legal, and professional flight operations of company aircraft.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to the Chief Pilot.
- Is the final authority for the safe operation of company aircraft.
- Performs all duties associated with the aircraft operation in a 14 CFR Part 91 environment.
- Promotes a safe operating environment in accordance with FAA and Chantilly Air requirements and proactively contributes to Chantilly Air Inc.’s Safety Management System.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains currency requirements in accordance with FAA Regulations.
- Maintains a 1st Class Medical in accordance with company policy.
- Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Works closely with and assists in all department duties as needed.
- Expected to work non-scheduled hours.
Bachelor Degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 3500 hours total time preferred.
- 1000 hours total PIC fixed wing flight time is preferred.
- 750 hours PIC Turbine Time preferred.
- Business Jet or Turbine experience preferred.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate preferred.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
- Current FAA First Class Medical required.
- Valid passport.
- No Accidents or Incidents.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to meet the following checks:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- PRIA background check (to include any incidents/accidents.)
- Credit check.
- DMV check with valid driver’s license.
- Employment verification.
- Must be able to read, speak and write fluently in the English Language.
- Must live within 2 hours of the aircraft’s base of operations KHEF.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random Drug Screenings, Background Check, Credit Check, DMV Check and Employment Verification.
Chantilly Air offers a very comprehensive compensation package. Salary with be commensurate with selected candidate’s qualifications.
Please complete the Chantilly Air pilot application, attach your resume and cover letter, to be considered for this position.
No Phone Calls Please
Working conditions are for normal single pilot aircraft non-scheduled flight operations. The working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, air turbulence, time zone changes, altitude changes, changing locations, variable hours and working conditions, dry air, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise levels from engines and other ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.